Saturday, August 16, 2014

Beer, Blondies, and Brush Strokes

Okay!

It's been an eventful week folks. All the awesome things.
All of them.

Finally got a chance to do a successful baking post. I had a request to do blondies which I have never made before. But after making brownies bunches of times, how hard could it be?

So fucking simple. That's how hard this was.

After doing a simple Google search I came upon this beauty; Candy Bar Blondies.
This is_best thing_

I've always wanted to do a step by step tutorial to help out whoever would like to give this a whirl. It's good to know how the process looks.

First! Gather your ingredients. (I honestly don't usually do this but it's actually nice to have everything at hand and ready to go).

The original post uses just a vast array of bite sized milk chocolate candies. I wasn't entirely sure what the requester preferred so I went with mini Reeses cups and chopped Snickers bars.

Next, you'll want to grease up your baking pans. I actually butter them, place parchment paper on the bottom, grease the parchment paper, then coat in flour. Comes out like a charm every time. 
I also doubled the recipe if you couldn't already tell.


I have a stand mixer but I actually did not need it at all for this recipe. It was pretty easy to mix it all by hand.
You have the dry ingredients mixed together first (flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt).
Then in a separate bowl you mix some of the wet (light brown sugar, melted butter, and vanilla extract)
Mix that shit together and add your eggs.
Mix it all together. AGAIN.
Now it's time to add your dry ingredients. The original post suggests doing this part slowly and only until the flour is just combined enough so that you no longer see those lovely white streaks of powder. It is quite thick.
Next, I split this lovely concoction between two bowls, adding the mini Reese's to one and the chopped Snickers to the other.
Here they are all spread out and lovely in their pans.
Aaaand here they are all finished baking.

I must say this recipe is an ultimate winner. Straight from the oven, they were soft and gooey with glorious chunks of chocolate in each bite.
Even left out at room temperature in a tin they still retained that same scrumptious consistency, though maybe not with all the melty candy goodness. (But that's what microwaves are for right?)






HNNGGGGGGG












SOOOO GOOOOOOOD








It goes without saying that the treats were well received.



Nothing like diabetic inducing desserts to fuel your paint prowess.

Just take a look at all these shenanigans.



Mmmmmm. Dat booty.

This is mine. *cough* Can't quite compete with the skills of my friends.
But maybe one day. (Looks dreamily up towards the heavens).
*Cheesy twinkling music ensues*


But yes.
Twas a good day.

And I'd like to thank my friends for being my guinea pigs for this first real post.
Truly appreciate it.


Adieu

No comments:

Post a Comment