Thursday, August 7, 2014

Oh my glob. BISCUITS

Hnnnnggggg

I'm so very full right now. Still no post about baking.

Yet.

But hopefully soon.

I just haven't had the time since my last attempt. Working two part time jobs that add up to sometimes more than full time hours can really drain a lady. Fatigue and exhaustion typically run my day.

I did have a few hours to spend on dinner though; using two of my favorite recipes.
The first is a beef stew recipe from allrecipes.com. I follow the recipe for the most part but I do admit to some slight changes. I usually add about a cup more water with an extra bouillon cube and a bit more cornstarch that I mix with the broth instead of cold water. The results are always amazing.

I am a die-hard biscuit fan. Being a half-breed Asian didn't stop me from loving country food after growing up in the south.
If you want the best biscuit recipe EVER, then this is it. I have tried the original recipe which is awesome but I typically omit the cheddar and pepper to just make it a regular biscuit.
You NEED a pastry cutter though. That's the only way you'll get something light and fluffy enough.
I learned these things the hard way.

Sorry for my crappy photography skills. I have an okay digital camera but the lighting in my apartment just totally blows.

I usually cook while listening to music but today I thought I'd switch it up by listening to some Welcome to Night Vale.
If you're a fan of strange occurrences and random bits of terrifying humor then I suggest you give it a try.




No comments:

Post a Comment